Monday, February 8, 2010

Whoa There, Maryland. Calm The Eff Down!

Good afternoon blog readers! This past weekend the predicted blizzard arrived in full force. This was the second blizzard this winter, and we've also had various minor snow storms throughout the past couple of months. For some places (like Vermont) this is just a normal winter, but for Maryland this is unheard of! We have had our share of blizzards, but the last one was seven years ago, and the 6 winters since then have been mild. The blizzard this weekend brought about 26 inches of snow to Cockeysville, and 30+ inches in other parts of Maryland. Tomorrow/Wednesday we are supposed to get another foot of snow! It's crazy! I'm not necessarily complaining, but I have been in the house since Thursday night and it's starting to get old. However we did go outside to play in the snow on Saturday, and cleaned out cars off yesterday, so I haven't really been "stuck inside," just stuck in our neighborhood.

However, cabin fever is not the point of this post. The point is, where has this weather been hiding??? In my opinion, this is how winter should be every year! I love snow and I couldn't be happier about how this winter has turned out. Earlier this year I said I wanted to live in Vermont because you would never have to wonder if you were going to have a snowy winter. I think the weather gods heard me loud and clear and decided to show me that winter in Maryland could be just as snowy as winter in Vermont. Actually, I think it's snowed more in Maryland than in Vermont this year!

I am afraid that after the snowstorm tomorrow it might never snow in Maryland again haha. Oh well, I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts! Hooray snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment